Your roof carries the responsibility of protecting everything (and everyone) inside your home. As a homeowner, protecting the integrity of your roof should be your top priority. Most Austin, TX homeowners postpone roof replacement because of the cost and disruption involved.
However, procrastinating and ignoring small problems only creates bigger problems later. Prime Seamless makes your roof repair or installation in Austin, TX quick and easy so you can enjoy the peace of mind that you’re protected.
Signs Your Roof Needs a Repair
Many roof repairs are similar in nature (missing shingles, leaking pipe flashings, chimney flashing, ice dams), and they are often due to the same types of problems (age, rain, hail, wind, ice). But when is a roof repair a simple repair and when is it time for a full replacement? We can help you determine what is the best choice for your home, family, and finances.
- Leaky – Some leaks can happen instantly while others may manifest themselves over time. If you have rain in your bedroom, you know you have a problem and it’s best to fix it fast before it’s too late. As soon as you notice a leak, big or small, give us a call to quickly get your roof repaired.
- Dark Stains – If the surface appears to have dark stains, it is likely a sign that your shingles are aging and need to be repaired or replaced. Dark patches may also signal moss or algae, which can contribute significantly to shingle damage.
- Holes/Punctures/Splitting – Holes and punctures expose your house’s inner structure, causing moisture buildup, leaks, and rot. These can be caused by strong hail, small critters, or poor installation.
- Shrinkage – Underneath your materials, there is a membrane that acts as a coat for your house. If this coat shrinks, it doesn’t work as well and exposes your roof to the elements, and needs to be repaired before it causes further damage.
- Granules in the Gutter – Granules are an easy way to spot issues early. If the shingles are old or damaged, they’ll start to shed, which is the first time that it’s time to call a professional roofing contractor for a roof repair or replacement.
- High Energy Bills – Your roof is your biggest source of insulation. If it is compromised, air and heat will leak out of your house and your HVAC system will kick into overdrive. If you notice a huge spike in energy use, it’s worth having it checked out.
- Damaged Shingles – Keep an eye out for damaged or missing shingles. This can often happen as a result of wind, rain, or hail. If you notice damage to your shingles, get them repaired before they compromise the integrity of the entire roof.